Read This Before You Leap Into A Locum
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about What Does it Mean to Work Locum Tenens and other Physician Jobs topics.
What are some tips for locum medical practice?
Locum tenens positions can be feasible options at any point in your physician career, whether you are just starting out after residency or approaching retirement. If you are considering locum tenens work, keep these tips in mind:
- Network for the best leads on locum tenens jobs in the locations you prefer.
- Work with a locum tenens staffing agency; physician staffing consultants can help you identify the locum tenens positions that match your preferences.
- Consult an accountant to avoid any surprises on your taxes.
- Have a home base. If you plan to do several locums in succession, find a friend or family member with whom you can stash some of your stuff, or rent a storage locker.
- Talk to your predecessor. If possible, ask a physician who has done a locum in your intended location for advice about the job.
- Review your contract. Make sure that your agreement covers payment, lodging, and malpractice insurance, and negotiate coverage of other expenses, such as transportation, if applicable.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.